Friday 6 February 2009

The End of Days

We're approaching the end.

A quick overhaul of the script with Dave brought up an interesting new way to present a scene adding a bit of humour. We also slipped a few 'social commentary' bits in to the script that had been left out for reasons of fluidity of story telling, but Dave found a way to reintegrate them with minimum fuss.
So thanks to Dave then.
I'm still a bit iffy about some of the dialogue, but we still have a long way still to sort it out.
The first draft (the real first draft) is looking good though. Good enough that we can send it to a few people we know in the buisness to get a rough idea as to what we should be doing with it.

I'll give them a few weeks to read it then I expect a complete and unrelenting barrage of critisism hurled this way. Of course that's a good thing. I'm not worried about getting negative critisism, it's more the prospect of having to follow up on any insightful comments I get and having to rewrite a script I've spent ages on. Sheesh. It's a lot of work.
It'll be good to get the thing out there and read by people, it almost feels like it's getting published.

In the mean time I'll be starting on a new script. I need to have a break from this one for a bit (although I doubt that I'll get the chance) and replenish my creativity - a new project seems like the best way to do that.

I've had a few ideas swilling round my skull for a while, some more concrete than others (have you tried swilling concrete...not fun), see which you think is best:

Laser Massacre at Nudey Beach:
A Cormanesque beach party/alien invasion movie with entirely nude cast.

Eat The Rich:
Surreal anti consumerist fable in the style of early Bunuel with a dash of Larry Cohen.

Perseverence:
Child goes on a killing spree to avenge the death of her mother...or does she? A road movie version of Get Carter with a mild supernatural twist.

The Retreat:
My long gestating hard sci-fi ghost story without ghosts. Like the Andromeda Strain meets 2001: a Space Odessey meets Ju-on... with an entirely nude cast. Except for the nudity.


I've just printed 'Bad Day On Jerusalem Hill' out so I can 'idiot check' it, then it's off in to the cold uncaring world for you little script. Come back safely.

2 comments:

  1. I have a sci fi novel with an interesting twist. It's called Bubble ( @ the moment). Want to here more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'd love to know more. Give us a link.

    ReplyDelete