Tuesday 15 September 2009

Episode VII : The Phantom Seat Syndrome

The script is currently being read by someone who has the power to get this film made (let's call him Mr. B for now). Mr B has had it for a while and seems to be reading it veeery slowly. The first feedback was that he thought the title was good. A few days later he's just reached the end of act 2 and he seems to like it so far but with reservations about character progression. This dribble of information is killing me. I'd rather the quick sudden jerk of a plaster being torn off rather than this slow water torture, even if the feedback is positive. I'm constantly on the edge of my seat, even if I'm walking down the street I experience 'phantom seat syndrome' on which to be on the edge of. Fabricated psycological afflictions asside, I could really do with this limbo state to be over. Maybe I'm just to invested in what rationally I know has a very slight chance of actually going ahead.

How long does it take to read 100 pages? I've read loads of scripts in preparation of writing one, maybe I should get a job doing that.

I think I need to get back to the new script, get my mind off exciting possibilities and potential dissapointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment