Wednesday 1 July 2009

99 pages and a bitch ain't one

99 pages. Phew that was difficult.

A new slicker intro and general pruning of my rather wordy action sequences and I've managed to get it in under a hundred pages.

Things to do-

- I really want to do a reading with a few mates to get a feel of what the script sounds like out loud.

- Edit the script down further, maybe by amalgamating a couple of the characters.

- Get the script out. To actual people who actually deal with this kind of thing. So we can get this made.


One thing I've been thinking about is budget. There are a lot of characters in this script - it's no Magnolia - but having both sides of the story has upped the number of speaking parts. This is inevitably going to hike the cost. This coupled with quite a few locations and I can see the budget getting out of hand.
An idea I like, to reduce the overheads, is to make the central siege sequence the entire film. One location and a handful of actors. Of course it would be a very different movie but I'll keep it at the back of my mind just in case.

Another way of dropping costs would to be to shoot various elements simultaneously with extensive second unit activity. Luckily the story has several parallel sequences that can be filmed separately but concurrently. I'm not completely sure if two crews filming for a shorter time is cheaper than one main unit filming for longer... we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. If you want a fresh pair of eyes, I'd be happy to give it a read. Comments would probably be more along the lines of "Liked that bit," "that was funny," "didn't understand why that happened" etc rather than eloquent critique but hopefuly still useful. Or you could tell me to piss off 'cos you don't know me :)

    Lock (off the 65dos board)

    ReplyDelete